Visa Policy of Bangladesh
Citizens of most countries require valid visa to enter Bangladesh. The Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of Bangladesh determine the type and category of visa and duration of stay upon receiving an application. The types and categories differ according to the purpose of visit, length of stay and bilateral arrangement with the country of the foreign national.
All persons need national passports valid for at least 6(six) months to visit Bangladesh. Holders of Certificate/Laissez-passer issued by the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies are acceptable travel documents for endorsement of Bangladesh visa; also acceptable are Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman Book (when traveling on duty).
Visa Category: T
Visa would apply through https://www.visa.gov.bd website.
- The visa applicant must appear in person to the Embassy for visa application.
- Filled-out Application form (print out copy with signature signed)
- Passport and the copy of the main page (with picture & valid visa page)
- Recent color photographs
- An employment letter OR an invitation letter from Bangladesh
- A copy of Hotel reservation.
- A copy of recent book bank or bank statement (alternative)
- A copy of Ticket
- A valid Passport with sufficient number of pages
- Embassy/High Commission/ Consular officer may ask for additional documents, if required.
- Visa category cannot be changed after entering into Bangladesh.
Extension of Visas:
Visas can be extended after arrival in Bangladesh. For details, please contact Department of Immigration & Passports, Dhaka.
Few more links:
For Citizen of Indian: http://www.bdhcdelhi.org/index.php/visa-immigration/machine-readable-visa-mrv
For Citizen of UK: https://bhclondon.org.uk/visa
For Citizen of Japan: http://bdembjp.mofa.gov.bd/index.php/visa/
For Citizen of Germany: https://www.bangladeshembassy.de/requirement-for-visa/
Visa on Arrival (VOA)
Visitors from countries in which Bangladesh has no Embassy/ Mission will qualify for Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Participants who require on arrival VISA based on above criteria need to confirm the organizers (firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) one month prior to the event along with their full details/affiliation/scan copy of passport.
Visa on Arrival (VOA) seekers must produce valid documents from concerned authorities and concerned Ministries of the Government.
The immigration officer at the port of entry (i.e. airports, land ports etc.) will approve VOA after examining all relevant documents and after his/her full satisfaction. Please use the same port for entry and departure. People from any country under official ban will not, however, qualify for Visa on Arrival (VOA).
Visa Duration of VOA:
Maximum 30 days, single entry.
The Essentials for Visa on Arrival (VOA):
VOA applicants must carry the following documents with them in order to obtain VOA:
- Invitation letter from the host organization
- A hotel booking confirmation
- Confirm return air ticket
- US$51 cash visa fee
- Valid passports (Holders of Certificate/Lassies-passes issued by the United Nations and its Specialized Agencies and Continuous Discharge Certificate/Nullies/Seaman book (when traveling on duty) are exempted from this.)